Technical Service Representative
Immeidately Availbale Opportunity
Industry Leading Engineering Company
About Our Client
Our client is a well-established Victorian industrial Engineering organisation who are looking for a highly talented Technical Service Engineer to work on internal and external equipment.
This position is a great opportunity for a technical minded individual to ensure the highest level of service and safety to ensure that the products operate safely, reliably and within industry and engineering best practice.
This role combines responsibilities in Technical Services and HSE as outlined below:
- Complete documentation before the commencement, complete relevant site documents included Risk Assessments, JSA's and or of any other onsite work.
- Provide excellent levels of customer service and technical support to sales staff and customers.
- Learns to be fully competent with customer registering system
- Maintains a schedule of customers on our company database or other scheduling systems
- Establish and maintain library/register equipment per customer
- Organize fabrication/reconditioning and testing of equipment as or when required.
- Maintain site equipment or vehicle inventory (where applicable).
- Site load weighing tests as per schedules.
- Maintain a professional image of the company in dealing with customer representatives including urgent responses after normal working hours.
- Designs, draughts and quotes on equipment (where requested).
- Produce test certificates as per the relevant Australian Standards and using approved Test certificate format
- Comply with all company policies and procedures.
- Comply with NATA Rules and NATA Field application documents (only for NATA signatories) for any one doing testing not just NATA signatories.
- Inspection and testing(Mechanical and NDT where applicable) of equipment , including chain blocks, lever blocks, slings, chains, shackles, fittings etc. ( Pass or Fail items)
- Advise staff and customers on relevant standards.
Health Safety and Environment
- Provide input regarding matters that may affect the safety and health of all employees as well as the environment.
- Attend all required HSE training sessions and completed all the necessary paperwork as requested.
- Communicate any identified HSE issues to appropriate HSE contact.
- Take all reasonable care for the health and safety of all people and the environment at work.
- Cooperate with the WIS requirements for measures designed to protect the health and safety of all people and the environment at work.
- Responsible for conforming to all workers compensation, injury management and Return to Work obligations as prescribed in the in the WIS HSE Management System and per state/territory/country.
The Successful Applicant
The Successful Applicant will posses:
* Mechanical Engineering qualification.
* 2 Years of Sales & Technical experience
* NATA Accredited for Mechanical Testing and Visual Inspection
* Minimum Basic Rigger ticket should be intermediate ticket minimum as you need this level to install non-proprietary lines and also to work on crane winch drums.
* Accreditation for and competency sign of for height safety installation and inspection work.
* Strong communication skills both verbal and written
* Ability to use initiative and operate with a team on jobs
* Attention to detail
* Customer focussed
* Ability to supervise and work to the schedule as per customer requirements
What's on Offer
On offer is:
- An Immediate start
- Work with an industry leading company that admires initiative and nurtures talent
- Collaborate with highly skilled professional engineers and management personnel.
Please click 'Apply' below or call Jamie Macdonald on 03 8640 3138.