Technical Services Manager
Global analytics technologies business
Leadership role with an innovative and growing organisation
About Our Client
Our client is positioning themselves in a fantastic area within underground mining. They seek to eliminate the current digital divide between surface mining and underground mining as they see the future being 100% underground. The main priority for our client is Safety and productivity and improving every aspect with new digital improvements.
As the Technical Services Manager your primary focus is to manage and execute the delivery of assigned projects within APAC. This role is the senior technical service delivery position within the region and provides technical and delivery leadership both internally and externally. Your responsibilities will also include:
- Establish and deliver technical project documentation in line with agreed technical requirements and business outcomes.
- Liaise with internal and external stakeholders to facilitate the satisfactory delivery of products and services in-line agreed scope.
- Develop, execute and report on and manage project delivery schedules and plans to facilitate the smooth delivery of all products and services
- Plan, execute, train and oversee the installation and commissioning, configuration and the training of end users on the businesses product offering.
- Provide technical and management leadership to junior technical staff in region, including where appropriate the delegation of activities, duties and work.
- Provide technical pre-sales support to the regional sales function.
- Undertake discovery technical dialogue with early stage prospects.
- This role will have six director reports with 100% growth expected in the first 12 months
The Successful Applicant
You will be a highly motivated and driven professional with previous experience as a Technical Services Manager leading a team with a background intelecoms, RF/UHF, communications or underground mining preferably. Additionally, you will possess:
- A tertiary education, preferably in Electronics or someone who has progressed through as an electronics technician to lead teams, a valid Driver's License and a valid passport
- Ability to work with a high degree of independence and willingness to travel frequently both nationally and internationally (50% of the time)
- Ability to work well with the public, with good interpersonal skills, outstanding listening and presentation skills.
- Business and Technical Acumen.
- Extensive experience working within a technical service delivery environment both as a solo contributor and team leader.
What's on Offer
The successful candidate will be rewarded with the opportunity to broaden your skill set and develop your capabilities: Other benefits include:
* A competitive remuneration Package
* 50% travel both nationally and internationally
*A dynamic yet stable work environment with a focus on core team values.