Test Automation Engineer
Supportive and collaborative company culture
Exciting scope of work
About Our Client
Our client is one of the biggest players in the market! After being in business for over a century they have grown to nearly 600,000 customers. Winning countless awards year after year, it is no surprise they are looking to expand, upgrade and evolve through the new financial year.
- Design, development and maintenance of test automation frameworks through the various layers of the testing pyramid
- Implementation of automated tests both as part of feature development, along with regression of existing features
- Mentoring Software Quality Engineers and upskilling existing Test Analysts relatively new to automation.
- Have clear communications, promoting good quality assurance processes throughout the business and championing automation with project and business stakeholders.
- Effectively engage at all levels across the organisation with the ability to translate highly technical information into engaging and meaningful information for use by project and business stakeholders
- Managing the resolution of defects through investigations into problems and implementing corrective actions relating to recurring problems
- Active participation in code reviews of test automation frameworks with other Software Quality Engineers and Developers. You may also be required to direct other less-experienced team members to reach adequate resolutions.
- Contribute to CI/CD pipeline design, build and maintenance to support Quality Engineering practices
- Promote a culture of automation both through testing and throughout the software delivery lifecycle
- Create and review solution documentation
The Successful Applicant
- Extensive experience with relevant software development using modern programming languages (C#)
- Extensive experience coaching teams to ensure systems are designed for reliability, performance and testability is essential.
- Experience designing and implementing automation processes with proven ability to upskill and mentor team members in best-practice development and automation practices
- Proven experience in the development of test automation frameworks and quality engineering practices is essential
- Extensive experience with industry standard test automation frameworks (eg. Selenium, UFT) is essential
- Extensive experience with tools such as Jira, Confluence, SOAP UI, SQL, Git, Team City, Octopus Deploy, Bamboo and Puppet (or equivalents) is highly desirable
- Knowledge of Financial Services is highly desirable
- Detailed knowledge of Behaviour Driven Development Practices and tools (eg. SpecFlow, JBehave) is highly desirable
- Experience with cloud-based technologies is highly desirable
- Experience working with Agile methodologies is highly desirable
What's on Offer
Why should you apply?
- Excellent company and team culture
- Exciting greenfield projects
- Competitive salary package
- Convenient CBD location
- Career progression opportunities
- Highly skilled team