Influential Leadership Role
Melbourne's leading rail network operator
About Our Client
Metro Trains Melbourne (MTM) are Melbourne's primary rail network operator. Comprised of a consortium of Hong Kong's MTR Corporation, John Holland and UGL they help facilitate Melbourne's growth by providing a seamless transport solution to connect an ever growing and evolving community of diverse individuals.
Reporting to the Head of Infrastructure Management, your mandate will be to lead a multi-disciplined team of technical rail staff to ensure best practice in the company's delivery of asset management, maintenance and reactive renewal works for the track asset. This will extend to multi-project resource planning for people; mentoring and developing engineers; systems development and stakeholder management. Your key deliverables are:
- Drive the business to deliver inspections and maintenance as part of the annual works plan that meet required standards
- Develop a competency matrix to develop and progress the team's capabilities
- Develop and tender out a new grinding contract to optimise track conditions and minimise defects, and
- Foster a culture of accountability, structure and process.
The Successful Applicant
- Strong team player
- Excellent communication skills
- A strong work ethic, balanced with the ability to have fun
- Tertiary qualifications in civil / mechanical engineering or equivalent
- Significant experience in track projects and operations
- Strong background in coordinating maintenance, operations and projects within the rail sector
- Excellent commercial and contracts experience within rail operations, and
- Proven experience in managing a large operational workforce
What's on Offer
Your commitment and passion to drive innovation will be rewarded with a commensurate remuneration package. Operating within a dynamic and fast-paced environment, you will enjoy functioning within a role which offers the opportunity to be part of Victoria's historic infrastructure build while enabling your capability and skill set to develop.
International applicants will be provided with full relocation and work visa for Melbourne, Australia.