Transport Manager - Cold Chain
Take ownership of a dynamic transport division, with huge growth opportunities
Northern Suburbs - Melbourne location
About Our Client
My client is an industry leader in the cold chain/cold storage industry. With state of the art facilities in the Northern suburbs they have recently acquired a blue-chip contract, which gives scope for expansion of their transport division. My client prides itself on their environmental focus, and dynamic working environment.
The primary responsibility of this position is to oversee the day to day operations of a refrigerated transport fleet, whilst prioritising fleet utilisation, day to day reporting, and maintaining vehicle compliance. Other key tasks include:
- Best Practice - Planning routes and load scheduling for multi-drop deliveries
- Communicating effectively with clients and responding to their requirements
- Booking sub-contractors and ensuring they deliver within agreed terms
- Developing transportation relationships
- Monitoring transport costs
- Negotiating and bargaining transportation prices
- Confronting climate change issues by implementing transport strategies and monitoring the organisation's carbon footprint
The Successful Applicant
To be considered for this position you MUST have transport operations management experience within a 3PL cold chain environment, and present the following skills and experience:
- Excellent communication skills at all levels
- Strong analytical capability and attention to detail
- Team player with experience in change management and how to steer a team in an evolving environment.
- Intelligent and lateral thinker who works well under pressure.
- Chain of Responsibility experience, with a fixation on Safety
- RFP or tender submissions experience ideal
- Transport management experience in cold a cold chain environment NON NEGOTIABLE
What's on Offer
For the right candidate this position offers the chance to take ownership of a dynamic transport division, with scope for immediate expansion and career growth opportunities. My client is a dynamic and exciting business that house state of the art facilities, with top of the range technology in place. They are also mindful of the environment and have plans in place to reduce their carbon footprint.