South East Suburbs
Brand New Purpose Built Facility
About Our Client
PFD Food Services is Australia's largest privately owned Food Service Company, proudly supplying quality fresh, frozen and dry products to approximately 55,000 customers across Australia (www.pfdfoods.com.au). Now with around 70 branches in metropolitan and regional areas of Australia, we have a strong record of business growth.
We will be moving into a new, soon to be completed state of the art distribution centre in Knoxfield, Melbourne. This is the state hub which services both metropolitan Melbourne and the wider Victorian regional branches. This site has approximately 180 employees and is an important part of the overall PFD business.
The Transport Manager will take ownership of the transport operations, with a focus on developing continuous improvement initiatives in the new Knoxfield distribution centre. As well as this, the following responsibilities will fall under this role:
- Provide leadership and direction to transport manager, supervisor and site personnel
- Establish best practice and oversee the development of SOP's
- Full accountability of transport operational performance
- Undertake continual routing review and ensure fleet utilisation is maximised
- Oversee the service and maintenance program
- Full accountability of ensuring HACCP accreditation, quality and food safety standards are maintained
- Reviewing and restructuring operations/functions to improve customer service levels and reduce cost
- Leading projects to deliver and implement improvement opportunities
- Full accountability of ensuring Occupational Health & Safety requirements are met
- Full accountability of freight operation and labour expenditure
The Successful Applicant
The successful applicant will have prior experience in managing a complex transport operation servicing the Food/Beverage industry. In addition to this, the following skills and experience are necessary for consideration:
- Proven experience in managing a complex, multi-channel, multi-service level environment, which is highly customer focused
- Excellent knowledge of end to end operational, warehouse, transport and inventory functions
- Proven leadership qualities and ability to direct large teams, and cross functional collaboration
- Excellent knowledge and experience of managing employee relations in a unionised environment
- Strong ability to analyse internal practices and establish best practice and SOP's
- Strong ability to achieve efficiencies through process mapping and delivery of continuous improvement initiatives
- Strong knowledge of HACCP, OH&S regulations and cold storage processes
- A structured, planned approach to work with high levels of verbal and written communication
- Strong computer literacy and experience in using route optimisation and transport management systems. Experience in a TMS implementation will be advantageous
What's on Offer
An appropriate remuneration package will be negotiated to attract the right person to this role.
Please note Michael Page Supply Chain & Logistics have been retained to manage this recruitment process, all direct and third party applications will be forwarded to Michael Page for their consideration.