Transport Team Manager
6 month contract
About Our Client
Our client is a global leader in their field. They have built their success on a platform of high levels of quality and service in their product offering.
Responsibilities key to the role will include;
- Ensuring distribution and logistics processes are effectively planned, project managed, monitored and maintained.
- Deliver within the budgeted labour costs of all permanent and casual staff in the warehouse
- Deliver within the budgeted transport and despatch costs
- Ensuring highest possible service levels are achieved, in line with customer expectations
- Actively coordinate change management to drive productivity and cost efficiencies
- Co-ordinate the activities of transport to identify and implement efficiencies resulting in the optimised performance of the operation
- Develop and maintain quality procedures, policies and controls to ensure the maintenance of ISO accreditation in the state.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will display;
- Experience in management of a team in a distribution environment
- Sound knowledge in budget development and finance
- Knowledge of state legislation for OH&S and Industrial Relations
- Demonstrated leadership and vision in managing staff groups and projects or initiatives
- Proven experience in implementing process improvement and change management
- Strong communication with the ability to communicate with many different departments
- Driver / Transport contract negotiations
What's on Offer
On offer to the successful candidate is the opportunity to work with a group of driven and high performing team members and an excellent remuneration package.