UG Scheduling and Mine Planning Engineer
FIFO 8:6 Roster
About Our Client
Our client is a well known mining organisation actively seeking an Underground Scheduling and Mine Planning Engineer to join their growing team. This is a permanent role offering a 8:6 FIFO roster.
Responsibilities will include:
- Effectively undertake and manage design, planning and scheduling tasks.
- Confidently undertake scheduling tasks primarily in the 12 week to 12 month (budget) space, with ability to support implementation planning (1-4 weeks) when required.
- Produce cost effective and practical designs for underground lateral, decline and vertical development
- Effectively balance mine scheduling and mine planning workflow.
- Produce production stope designs and documentation, including detailed stope economic analysis.
- Review and optimising medium and long term planning designs
- Drive integration between the Technical Services and Underground Mining Departments and their contractors.
- Backfill planning
- Service & Infrastructure planning
- Mine Project work as required.
- Assist in compiling and reviewing Planning and Scheduling Procedures
- Contribution towards annual reserves and budget
- Daily, Weekly and Monthly reporting of physicals where required.
- Continual review of current status of production areas and identifying upcoming operational and planning tasks
- Underground inspections and interactions to review the practical implementation of design work
- Compliance and reconciliation reporting
- Close liaison with other technical staff across site as well as Operations and Contractor personnel.
The Successful Applicant
The successful candidate will have:
- Bachelor's Degree in mining engineering or comparable academic qualifications.
- 4+ yrs. experience in a mining environment, preferably with one year of hands-on underground experience in a mechanised underground mine across haulage, mine services, drilling and charging
- Excellent communication skills
- Comfortable in both the underground and mine office environment
- Solid Deswik mining software skills with the Deswik modules listed below, and the capacity and willingness to continue to develop Deswik knowledge and to share this with others.
- Deswik.CAD, Deswik.Sched, Deswik.IS
- Demonstrated expertise with mine scheduling and in particular 12 week scheduling processes
- Experience with contractor mining
What's on Offer
- Competitive salary
- 8:6 FIFO roster
- Site based close to Perth