Underground Geotechnical Engineer
Temporary on going contract position available
Excellent mining camp and facilities including on site air strip
About Our Client
The client we are representing is an excellent dynamic mid-tier producer of Copper/Gold based in WA.
Reporting to the Geotechnical Superintendent the main duties of the role will be to assist with the development, implementation, analysis and communication of monitoring regimes with respect to ground water inflows, slope and ground response, and backfill placement monitoring at site. This will also include;
- Conduct geotechnical inspections of the shaft, box cut and underground of the underground and open pit.
- Undertake geotechnical mapping and core logging providing timely data for design and performance review.
- Monitor safe work practices for work on or around slopes and underground.
- Ensure mine development is in accordance with geotechnical standards.
- Review and audit ground support and backfill QAQC to ensure compliance.
- Review mine geotechnical performance on a daily basis and communicate with mine production personnel.
- Assist geotechnical engineers in the execution of continuous improvement projects.
- Advise and assist engineers with recommendations on geotechnical issues regarding mine design/planning and operations as requested.
- Undertake timely and quality analysis for stope stability design, stope performance review and backfill expose stability.
- Assist with the development and maintenance of an up-to-date geotechnical database
The Successful Applicant
- You must be based in WA and immediately available to start the position or available within 1 - 2 weeks.
- Degree in Geotechncial Engineering
- 5 years experience within Mining and at least 3 years Underground experience.
- Availability to travel to site for FIFO work.
- Exposure to RocScience and Surpac software packages
What's on Offer
- Attractive hourly rate + superannuation
- Family friendly roster
- Excellent camp site and facilities
- Potential for a contract extension depending on workload.