About Our Client
Our client is established for their successful business and people orientated service and they have a special need for a Unix Administrator to join their team and help drive their success.
The successful individual will be responsible for:
- Managing the Unix platforms which support the organisation's objectives and strategic plans
- Managing and administering Unix
- Manage platform availability and recovery
- Investigating and resolving problems
The Successful Applicant
The successful individual will ideally possess the following:
- Relevant experience in a similar role.
- UNIX administration, troubleshooting, backup and recovery.
- Solaris Experience.
- Experience with Oracle applications.
- Experience in maintaining UNIX systems on a virtualised platform.
What's on Offer
The position on offer is a 6 month contract with the potential to be extended for the right individual. The role is to administer, support and optimise Unix platforms and related infrastructure to achieve high performance of the various business applications.