Dandenong South location
Work for a leading food wholesaler
About Our Client
My client is a food-based wholesaler that supply to major supermarkets, stores and restaurants across Australia and New Zealand.
The key tasks and responsibilities of this position are but not limited to:
* Streamlining and supervising warehousing activities in compliance with OH&S regulations.
* Recording disposals and damages.
* Alternate supervisory duties with the other supervisor to ensure the smooth running of the operation
* Ensure warehouse staff are performing duties in accordance with the company policy and standards
* Provide support and mentor for the warehouse team as required & directed
* Perform warehouse work duties and duties which may fall outside of your normal duties when required or if instructed by your manager
*Ensure accurate, timely & efficient dispatching of goods and transport arrangement in-line with the company expectations and standard operating procedures
*Coordinate runs and despatch schedule and allocate transport workflow
* Resolve any delivery and vehicle issues.
* Liaise with all relevant parties to ensure timely delivery
* Coordinate truck loading.
*Provides accurate and timely information on the operations and any issues arising with the despatch of goods
*Ensure compliance with food safety, fire safety, and OHS legislation
*Ensure general housekeeping and cleanliness of the warehouse and yard area
*Ensure correct handling of damaged stock
The Successful Applicant
To be considered for this role you must have at least 2-3 years' experience in a warehouse supervisory role in a food environment and possess the following skills and experience:
- Have solid understanding of distribution processes including Stock control, inbound/outbound processing, pick face management, and transport management
- MUST have previous food experience within a warehousing environment
- Have exceptional leadership and people management skills, with capacity for team and personal development
- Present a positive and empowering attitude, with core values that align with the organisation
- Tech savy with good exposure to ERP and relevant WMS
- MUST have current LF/LO License
What's on Offer
The chance to work for an industry leader that prides itself on its high service levels and company culture. A generous salary package is also on offer.