Water & Environment Lawyer (2-4 yr PQE)
Unique role with full access and exposure to clients
Diverse and broad range of practice areas
About Our Client
Our client is a boutique and specialist, Australian law firm based in Sydney with a national focus and involvement in established and emerging regional development.
They assist clients across the country on the commercial, regulatory and legal risk around farming and agriculture, infrastructure, food and fibre supply chains, water treatment and irrigation, environmental law, property, finance and rural and peri-urban development projects.
This is an all-round, 360° role which will enable you to provide end-to-end legal advice on a diverse range of contentious and non-contentious matters, concerning people's water, land, farming rights and assets.
You will work in a collaborative team and report directly to the Firm's Principal. You will also be encouraged to assist with developing policy-regulatory commentary and advice, as well as participate in firm activities, documentation and presentations for client and business development, marketing, proposals, bids and tenders.
The Successful Applicant
The successful applicant:
- A Solicitor admitted to practice in Australia with 2 - 4 year's PQE from a reputable commercial practice group - ideally with prior knowledge and understanding of key agricultural, water, environmental and property law
- A mixture of both advisory, transactional and litigation (i.e. front and back end) experience would be an advantage.
- A passion and commitment to develop your skillset in the areas of farming, agriculture and rural and peri-urban development projects.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills with solid drafting and technical ability.
- Ability to operate both autonomously and as part of a collaborative team.
- Strong commercial acumen and dedication to driving the business forward.
- Awareness of economic and accounting principles is an advantage.
What's on Offer
This is a truly fantastic opportunity to fully develop your knowledge and skill set, gain unrestricted, first-hand access to clients and full exposure to a diverse range of practice areas of national and regional economic significance, in the rising food and fibre sector in particular.
To apply for this role or discuss the opportunity further, please contact Maria Curtis on 02 8292 2238 or send your CV and Academic Transcripts to mariacurtis @ Michaelpage. com. au . Alternatively, please click on 'apply' button below.