WHS Manager and Trainer
South of the river
Permanent role with an immediate start
About Our Client
Our client is a leading meat processor with operations in Perth's north and south. Employing over 400 employees across their sites they are the preferred supplier to major supermarket chains, commercial buyers and are a significant exporter to the international market
Reporting to the CEO and the group HSEQ manager, you will be the key safety and training professional at the company's largest site. You will:
- Drive corporate HSE policy of the business to all employees on site
- Have an open door and proactive approach towards safety
- Assist with both regular internal audits and ISO audits across all business units
- Roll out safety related training in line with corporate objectives.
- Use your own initiatives to drive a zero injury work place.
- Utilise your knowledge of food quality and safety standards to exceed compliance
- Regularly and clearly report back to senior management on the safety performance on site while collaborating and advising overall corporate safety objectives.
The Successful Applicant
In order to be considered for this role, you must:
- Have a minimum of 2-3 years' experience in a senior or management capacity within the food industry, a meat processing background being desirable but not essential.
- Strong computer and verbal skills
- Have a solid understanding of food quality and safety, in particular HACCP standards
- Have at least a cert IV in WHS, and a a cert IV in training and assessing
- Have experience with ISO audits and implementation.
- Experience with return to work programs and injury management is looked on favourably.
Whilst a strong technical understanding of safety is crucial, of upmost importance is your ability to build relationships across the entire business from management to the valued employees on the shop floor.
What's on Offer
This presents an incredible opportunity for the successful individual. If you are looking at utilizing your background experience in food safety and industry knowledge to operate at a strategic and practical level this is the job for you. You will be supported by a fantastic culture and be able to leave a legacy