Wintel Server Engineer
2 x 12 Month Contractors
About Our Client
Global Financial Organisation
- Systems & Server Administration (support, maintenance, builds, troubleshooting etc)
- BAU work initally moving onto projects work
- Facilitate the migration the management of systems.
- Investigate then implement opportunities for automation and process improvements.
- Operational incident management.
- Take key involvement in IT infrastructure projects.
The Successful Applicant
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to troubleshoot and think outside the box.
- HP server platforms & HP SIM
- Data migration skills - NTFS permissions, copy process using Robocopy process
- OS Skills & Troubleshooting (Windows Server 2008/2012/2016)
- Troubleshooting skills, triaging various event log entries to identify resolution
- Microsoft Failover Cluster
- VMWare VM management
- Hyper-V management and administration
- Server Provisioning/ Decom process
- ITIL Process (Incident/Change/Problem)
- Microsoft OS Security Patching & Troubleshooting
- Operating System recovery
- Antivirus Management on Servers
- Server Backup Terminologies
- Storage/SAN infrastructure
- Vulnerability management - Vulnerability remediation on Windows based on Qualys data, IBM BigFix (preferable)
Good understanding of:
- SAN/NAS - Netapp / EMC
- McAfee AV suite
- CA SysEdge / UIM
- Xerox Equitrac (preferred)
- O365, Azure, AWS
- Ideally Microsoft certified
What's on Offer
This is a 12month contract with the view to go permanent.