Market Leader in fabrication
Long term career opportunity with a growing business
About Our Client
Our Client has built a strong reputation for high quality service and outcomes, with long term supply relationships through to major resource companies. The business has enjoyed continuous growth over the past 10 years and is well placed to further expand on opportunities within its sector. The business has grown due to its quality people striving for continual improvement.
As the Workshop Manager your primary focus is on scheduling, planning and managing the workshop to ensure effective delivery on projects, in line with customer requirements. Your responsibilities will also include:
- Ensuring all production work is carried out to the approved drawings and specifications and that correct work practices are engaged at all time
- Ensuring efficient scheduling, planning and labour resource management.
- Reviewing the job schedule to optimise manning levels and timely completion of works
- Establish clear communication within the team by creating and maintaining a culture of openness, communication that is responsive, and honest, with and from all members of the team
- Lead weekly toolbox meetings with all employees.
- Address poor performance and inappropriate behaviour in a timely manner, taking action where required within guidelines of policies and procedures
- Prepare and present weekly progress reports
The Successful Applicant
You will be a highly motivated and driven professional with previous experience as a Workshop Manager in a job shop environment. Additionally, you will possess:
- A trade background as a Boilermaker, Welder or Fitter
- Previous experience managing a busy workshop in a jobbing shop environment
- Experience with piping packages, spooling and carbon steel would be viewed upon favourably
- Experience leading a team of 40 - 60 employees with approximately six direct reports
- Strong communication skills and professional presentation.
- Highly computer literate in order to work within the clients management systems
- A coachable attitude as this role will involve learning and development
What's on Offer
The successful candidate will be rewarded with the opportunity to broaden your skill set and develop your capabilities: Other benefits include:
- A competitive remuneration package including superannuation and a vehicle
- Strong mentoring to engender career progression and individual goal setting
- A dynamic yet stable work environment with a focus on core team values.
- A business with a very inclusive culture and a positive growth story