The Victorian Government’s long-term strategy, Plan Melbourne, identifies several suburbs in the Melbourne South East region as focal points for growth and jobs creation. There has been significant investment in the region, and 9,000 jobs are expected to result from the planned Berwick Health and Education Precinct.
The area’s population is diverse, with 30% speaking a language other than English at home in the last census. The two largest age groups are 35-49 (23.2%), and 25-34 (14.4%), meaning that the area is popular with young and mid-career professionals benefiting from the family-friendly location.
Michael Page’s Melbourne South East team matches professionals with jobs in South East Melbourne and some of the best employers in Australia.
South East Melbourne recruitment experts
In the 2011 Census, workers in South East Melbourne were employed in the retail (16.1%), health care and social assistance (12.6%) and education and training (11.9%) industries. The City of Casey’s Gross Regional Product was $6.49 billion in 2015, representing 1.9% of Victoria’s Gross State Product.
With long-term strategies forecasting significant population growth, many are expecting South East Melbourne to do much of the heavy lifting for the city’s employment and infrastructure needs. While 74% of residents currently work outside the municipality, local government is working to create more local jobs to help boost work-life balance.
If you’re looking for jobs in South East Melbourne, here are our top tips for finding the right job for you:
- Revisit your resume and LinkedIn profile, updating them with any new information and making sure they showcase your skills and experience. Also ensure you proofread them to avoid any errors.
- Find out everything you can about the South East Melbourne employment landscape, getting up-to-date information on the market rate for salaries in your profession and the skills that are currently in demand.
- Research the company and prepare a list of questions to show that you understand the business and its industry, and are engaged and knowledgeable in your field.
South East Melbourne recruitment areas
Michael Page specialises in recruitment for the following industries in South East Melbourne:
- Accounting & finance
- Banking & financial services
- Engineering & manufacturing
- Hospitality & leisure
- Human resources
- Information technology
- Mining, energy & resources
- Procurement & supply chain