As the third largest economic region in Australia, it’s Western Sydney’s small and medium businesses that are driving growth in the area, though large projects such as the Badgerys Creek airport site and the expansion of the University of Western Sydney are also set to create more Western Sydney jobs.
With 38% of residents speaking a language other than English at home, it’s an epicentre of diversity; there are also more young people in the region when compared to the Sydney average, making it an excellent region for recent graduates looking to jumpstart their career.
Michael Page’s Parramatta-based team matches professionals with Western Sydney jobs and some of the best employers in Australia.
Parramatta recruitment experts
In the 2011 census, the majority of workers in the City of Parramatta were employed in professional (29.5%), administrative (17.3%), or management (12.3%) roles, with the most popular industries including health care, professional, scientific and technical services, and retail. The Western Sydney hub is a major site for investment by the NSW government in the coming years.
With similar plans for rejuvenation and investment being put forward by Liverpool and Penrith councils, it’s expected that the improved infrastructure will create a large number of opportunities for businesses and job seekers across the region in the coming years.
If you’re looking to make a career move in Western Sydney, here are our top tips for finding the right job for you:
- Review and update your resume and LinkedIn profile, making sure they showcase your skills and experience – and check closely for errors.
- Carry out research on the Western Sydney recruitment market, and arm yourself with up-to-date knowledge of in-demand skills and market rate for salaries in your profession.
- Before attending an interview, research the company and prepare a list of questions to show that you understand the business and its industry, and are engaged and knowledgeable in your field.
Western Sydney recruitment areas
Michael Page specialises in recruitment for the following industries in Western Sydney:
- Accounting & finance
- Banking & financial services
- Engineering & manufacturing
- Hospitality & leisure
- Human resources
- Information technology
- Mining, energy & resources
- Procurement & supply chain