Despite the changing face of WA’s economy due to the end of the resources boom, Deloitte predicts that the state can still look forward to growth in the coming years – just at a slower rate than previously – and says that WA is ‘well positioned to capture its share of global growth opportunities’.
In fact, employment stands at an all-time high of almost 1.4 million people in work, and exports are up. The City of Perth’s Economic Development Strategy demonstrates the local government’s commitment to attracting new business sustainably.
Michael Page’s Perth team matches professionals with Perth jobs and some of the best employers in Australia. Our strong connections in the local market mean that we have expert knowledge of the opportunities and challenges for both employers and job seekers.
Perth recruitment experts
An estimated 2.05 million people live in Greater Perth, which ranks number seven on the world’s most liveable cities list in 2016. Owing to its geographic isolation, Perth’s economy has historically been driven by serving its own needs. This is reflected in employment figures showing that 46.5% of the state’s total workforce is employed in service-based industries, the majority of which is centred around jobs in Perth due to its population.
If you’re looking for Perth jobs, here are our top tips for kick-starting your job search:
- Take the time to review and revise your resume and LinkedIn profile, making sure they showcase your skills and experience – and proofread them carefully to catch any errors.
- Check local employment market trends, and equip yourself with knowledge of in-demand skills and salary rates in your industry.
- Once you receive an interview, research the company and prepare questions that will demonstrate your knowledge of the business and an understanding of its industry’s key challenges and opportunities.
Jobs in Perth city
Michael Page specialises in recruitment for the following industries in Perth:
- Accounting & finance
- Banking & financial services
- Engineering & manufacturing
- Hospitality & leisure
- Human resources
- Information technology
- Mining, energy & resources
- Procurement & supply chain