This page tells you what you can expect when www.michaelpage.com.au collects personal information.
When you visit www.michaelpage.com.au, we collect standard internet log information and details of visitor behaviour patterns. We do this to find out things such as the number of visitors to the various parts of the website. We will not associate any data gathered from this site with any personally identifying information.
- What are cookies
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer by websites that you visit. They are widely used in order to make websites work and improve the usability of those sites.
- Strictly necessary
- Strictly Necessary
Strictly Necessary cookies enable you to move around our site and use essential features such as being able to apply for a job. These cookies do not gather any information about you that could be used for marketing purposes.
2.1 We use these cookies to
- Remember things like what type of jobs you are interested in when navigating to different pages in a single web browser session; and
- Make forms work such as applying for a job, submitting your CV, or completing a survey
2.2 These cookies will not
- Gather information that could be used to advertise products or services to you; and
- Remember your preferences or username beyond your current visit
2.3 List of strictly necessary cookies
- JSESSIONID – this cookie is created uniquely and anonymously for you when you access our web site. It allows our site to remember some temporary information between pages. If you disable this cookie, the JSESSIONID information will be visible in some URL links but some functionality may not work fully.
Accepting these cookies is a condition of using the website. If you disable them, we cannot guarantee you will be able to search and apply for jobs or use other parts of the website, nor can we guarantee your security during your visit.
Performance cookies collect information about how you use our website ie. what pages you visit and how you navigate to the pages that you are most interested in. These cookies do not collect any information that could identify you and the information is only used to help us improve our overall website experience.
3.1 We use these cookies to
- Provide vital statistics on how our website is used
- Help us improve our site by evaluating site performance
- Test different designs and functional areas
- Evaluate how effective our advertising is (NB. we do not use this information to target adverts when you visit other sites)
3.2 We do not use these cookies to
- Gather any personal information that could be used to advertise products or services to you on other websites.
In some cases, these cookies are managed by third parties, but they do not use them for any other purposes than those listed above
3.3 List of performance cookies
Accepting these cookies is a condition of using the website. If you disable these cookies, we cannot guarantee how the site will perform for you.
These cookies are used to provide services or to remember settings to improve your visit
4.1 We use these cookies to
- Keep you logged into My Page so that you can apply for multiple jobs without re-entering your details;
- Remember your job search preferences for the next time you access the site;
- Enable functionality such as the job basket;
- Integrate with social networking sites such as Google and Twitter to allow you to share content from our site on theirs; and
- Allow Google Maps to show on our office pages.
Track your website activity to help us optimise the content you see.
4.2 We do not use these cookies to
- Gather any personal information that could be used to advertise products or services to you on other websites
4.3 List of functionality cookies
Whilst we do not actively participate in the use of these cookies certain 'Functional' third party cookies such as the ones from Google and Twitter may also be used by the third party to target advertising.
Accepting these cookies is a condition of using the website. If you decide to disable them, it may mean we cannot offer you certain services and impact how the site performs.
- Targeting or advertising cookies
5.1 What are targeting or advertising cookies?
These cookies are used to deliver adverts more relevant to you and your interests. They are also used to limit the number of times you see an advertisement as well as help measure the effectiveness of the advertising campaign. They are usually placed by advertising networks with the website operator’s permission. They remember that you have visited a website and this information is shared with other organizations such as advertisers. Quite often targeting or advertising cookies will be linked to site functionality provided by the other organisation.
If you browse this website, you may receive personalised banner advertisements whilst browsing other reputable websites. We are committed to providing you with information on job opportunities which are relevant to you. Any banner advertisements you receive will relate to jobs which have been viewed whilst browsing this website on your computer or other device. This service is provided by PageGroup via a reputable third-party specialist provider, through the use of ‘cookies’ placed on your computer or other device.
Cookies can be removed or disabled altogether – see below for further information.
You can control the use of these cookies either by changing the settings in your web browser or by using the third party’s own tools. Please note that by disabling these cookies you may prevent us from offering you certain services on our websites.
- Further information