Welcome to the Quarter 2 newsletter update for Technology.
Quarter 2 saw an increase in the volume of contracting staff as companies focus on remaining flexible. Technology professionals in the information and communication, healthcare and trade industries are in demand while manufacturing, retail and resources remain the ‘engine room’ for hiring as companies continue to launch big data, social, mobile and cloud projects. Within the public sector, there has been a number of major business driven projects enabled by technology developments which has meant an increased demand for IT change and business ready candidates.
To equip employees and consumers alike with applications, IT departments are expected to expand their job offerings in the mobile development fields. All solutions that are used on employees own devices, in addition to confidential company data, require IT professionals to bring their A game when it comes to securing them. IT has to be agile in their departments and ensure they are malleable enough to allow for not only expansion but also innovation.
Technology continues to move from occupying a back-office cost-reduction role to the role of “enabler” within the organisation. Technologists with business focused softer skills will continue to be in constant demand. A key employer focus in quarter 2 is retention and holding top talent after tight annual bonus rounds. Employers can improve retention strategies by having structured induction programs and clear succession planning in place. This will identify progress paths for each professional and enable career-based training programs.
Be sure to check out the CIO Thought Leadership Series on our website today to hear exclusive insights from industry leaders in established and exciting companies like OUA, Cisco Systems, Lonely Planet, Fairfax Media and Gartner Group.
Director - Technology
T: 02 8292 2156
Technical Project Manager (Microsoft Technologies)
- Over 15 years of experience in IT across a range of industries.
- Most recently spent seven years working in a Microsoft consultancy as a Project Manager.
- Prince 2 and CAPM qualifications.
- End to end delivery of project management and pre-sales/conception through to implementation and post project support.
- Strong communication skills verbally and written.
- PMP, SA Fin and Scrum Qualifications.
- Over nine years managing a large portfolio of projects across multiple industries covering both technology and business projects.
- Managed a budget in excess of $10 million and programs in excess of $35 million with team sizes reaching as high as 60.
- Exceptional stakeholder management skills.
- Over 10 years experience in PMO and project management.
- Worked across a wide array of industries including media, utilities, outsourcing, banking and government.
- Prince 2/PMBOK qualifications.
- Managed teams of over 50 people.
- Established and constructed Greenfield PMO delivering initiatives regionally and globally.
Senior Business Analyst
- MBA, PMP and Prince2 foundation certificates.
- Over eight years of experience in business analysis and consultancy.
- Worked across wide range of industries including financial services, insurance, consultancy and energy.
- Global project delivery, worth $50 million.
- Strong background within business process improvement.
Technical Support Analyst
- Four years of professional services experience.
- Strong infrastructure support experience including personal mobiles, Microsoft exchange server and AV equipment.
- Participated in multiple projects including migrations and roll-outs.
- A solid understanding of legal software and procedures.
- Available with four weeks notice.
- Six years of professional services experience.
- Progressed from Level 1 Helpdesk through single organisation.
- Broad infrastructure support experience including VPN, VoIP, operating systems (XP, Win7, Win8) and storage devices.
- ITIL certified.
- Available with four weeks notice.
Program Manager/ Senior Project Manager – Business Applications
- Extensive program management experience across the oil and gas industry.
- Energy trading platform implementation experience.
- Change management and strong stakeholder engagement experience.
- Solution delivery focussed across business applications.
- PMP certified.
Senior Front End Web Developer
- Extensive commercial experience across high traffic websites and ecommerce projects.
- Strong iOS and Android experience.
- Digital agency background and big brand client project portfolio.
- Top tier client facing and consultative expertise.
Business Systems Manager
- Strong business application implementation and support experience.
- Experience managing technology teams across support, development and implementation.
- Financial services background with significant experience in operational management.
- Experience leading all stages of the SDLC, following Waterfall, Iterative and Agile.
- Development background with exposure to a diverse set of technologies (Java, Jboss, Websphere, .NET and Acurity).
Desktop Support Analyst
- Over five years of experience providing advanced desktop support.
- Excellent knowledge of Active Directory, Group Policy, DHCP and DNS.
- Advanced knowledge of SCCM and SCOM.
- Great understanding of all windows operating systems – Win XP, 7 and 8.
- Support and delivery of mobile applications across iphone, ipad and Blackberry.
- Over seven years of experience providing third line technical administration and design.
- Project experience designing and building full data centre from the ground up.
- Comprehensive knowledge of Citrix Xenapp and VMware ESX 5.1.
- Advanced knowledge of Windows Server 2003/2008R2 and 2012.
- MCITP, CCA and CCNA certified.
Senior SharePoint Consultant
- 10 years of experience in the software and IT consulting space.
- Enterprise project expertise for a range of top tier clients across Australia.
- MCTS certified in SharePoint development and administration.
- Strong project management skills and Prince2 certified.
- Strong customer service skills having come from a management role in hospitality.
- Plans and leads rollouts (450 systems).
- Achieved 100% resolution using Service Now.
- ITIL – v3 Certified.
- Financial services experience.
Desktop Team Leader
- Newly relocated to Melbourne from a financial services background in Sydney.
- Team leader to six Desktop Analysts.
- Extensive use of Active Directory, BES, KACE, MDT and McAfee products.
- Experienced in recruiting, training, leading and motivating personnel with diverse skills and from different functions.
- Immediately available.
Senior Project Manager
- Strong investment banking background in Hong Kong and New York.
- Fantastic communication skills.
- Comes from a heavy development background.
- Has strong management skills having had up to 10 direct reports.
- Experience leading projects rolling out agile processes.
Web Developer/Technical Lead
- Intelligent candidate who has held leadership roles in web development and architecture environments.
- Led teams in a technical capacity within and outside of financial services.
- Experience in test-driven development environments and understands service orientated architecture.
- Clear and concise communication skills.
- Managed large teams of onshore and offshore testing resources.
- Strong experience across investment banking and wealth management.
- Strong in release and change management.
- A solid understanding of testing practices and developing testing frameworks.
- Available with two weeks notice.
Technical Project Manager
- Three placements within a global investment bank over past 10 years.
- Primary Project Manager role supplemented with technical leadership, product strategy, business analysis, technical analysis, change management and critical problem management.
- Close working relationship with front-to-back stakeholders, business management, product development teams, production management, enterprise services and other various vendors.
- Projects and teams were generally global in nature with regional and multi-country focus.
- Telecommunications, banking and insurance industry experience.
- Large value system integration project, digital application projects, business project automation projects.
- Business requirements gathering and business process modelling.
- User acceptance and system integration testing.
- Post change management and ongoing process improvement.
- Temporary or permanent opportunities.
Senior Project Manager
- Local government, insurance and education industry experience.
- Senior project/program management experience.
- Multimillion dollar programs of work.
- Major business transformational programs.
- Available immediately.
Senior .NET Developer:
- Over 15 years of experience in .NET development.
- Microsoft Cert ASP.NET Web Applications.
- Strong experience in Object Oriented Application Development (OOAD) and database design in windows and web applications (e.g. e-commerce, web service, content and document management intranet and mobile Internet site).
- Core skills: C#, ASP.NET, AJAX, JSON, HTML5, CSS and Sharepoint.
Senior Test Analyst:
- Eight years of experience.
- Experience across test case planning, design and writing test scripts for SDLC.
- Highly proficient in testing based on client server architecture, embedded systems, web-based technologies, Oracle E-Business suit, SQL based applications and C# ASP.Net, XML and Java applications.
- Testing strategy experience including black box testing, integration testing, regression testing, functional testing, system testing, automation testing and UAT.
- Technically strong candidate with WinXP/7, Exchange and GroupWise 07(Novell).
- **MCP Certified**.
- SOE creation and deployment with Symantec Norton Ghost.
- VNC for remote support.
- Active Directory - create users, reset passwords, creates group policies.
- Supported Smartphone’s, iPhone, Blackberry and NEC VoIP PABX.
- Strong Cisco unified Call Manager suit, unity connections and IP telephony cluster experience.
- Upgrading CUCM, CUCxN IPT infrastructure.
- Strong knowledge of the implementation of wireless networks and Cisco ASA firewalls.
- Experienced with routing and switching, including Nexus kit and gateway configurations.