You are here
Marketing trends and predictions for 2017
Key trends in marketing
My marketing predictions for 2017
Hybrid marketing roles in 2017
Customer focus in 2017
The below list is a summary of all the 2017 marketing predictions the AMI panel discussed:
1. Businesses are continuing to ensure that customers and consumers are at the centre of everything that they do. Use of customer centred and human centred design thinking is key.
2. There is a great need to build businesses around the customer, understand needs and respond accordingly and less pushing of products with no insights. Customers are driving the strategy in ‘customer activated’ organisations.
3. Targeted content is key for businesses and brands to engage with their audiences. Organisations need to understand the customer before developing content to engage with them.
4. There will be a bigger emergence of programmatic personalisation of content – which will enable automation and predictions based on audience segment.
5. Cognitive marketing and developments in AR/IR will be more evident.
6. The use of big data will only continue to get bigger. The more you know about your audience, the better you can market more effectively and tailor your content.
7. There will be a continued focus on data – however organisations need to understand what data is relevant to their own business. Data scientists will be used to drive UX.
8. Brands will need to be authentic to deliver their brand promises through the customer journey, ensuring that the brand integrity is delivered at each interaction. These meaningful interactions will be used to drive lifetime value.
9. Evolution of NPS (net promoter score) – organisations now need to understand influence on external variables which are not always considered when measuring NPS ratings.