Find jobs in Canberra
Michael Page is one of the leading recruitment agencies in Canberra, with deep expertise in the local jobs market. Our recruitment specialists have connections with reputable organisations throughout the ACT, meaning we’re ideally placed to assist you with your job search in Canberra.
We specialise in recruitment for a wide range of key local industries, including the public sector, healthcare and pharmaceutical and retail. We work with individual candidates to understand their needs and career goals in order to put them in the best position to succeed.
About the Canberra jobs market
Although known as a hub for government jobs, two-thirds of employment in Canberra is within the private sector. Key growth industries include:
- Information technology and cybersecurity: More than 1,000 ICT and cybersecurity companies have a presence in Canberra.
- Agricultural technology and environmental sciences: The city is home to The National Agricultural and Environmental Sciences Precinct, as well as The Centre for Entrepreneurial Agri‑Technology here.
- Health and sport science: Local state-of-the-art facilities include the Australian Institute of Sport and on‑campus hospital and health facilities.
- Renewable energy: Canberra is powered by 100% renewable energy and will reach zero emissions by 2045.
- Innovation: The area has a lively start-up culture with established entrepreneurship support.
- Space science: Canberra is home to one in four Australian space jobs.
Thanks to steady population growth and large-scale infrastructure projects such as the city’s light rail network, employment opportunities are tipped to continue growing in the coming years. The Australian Government predicts employment will increase by 5.7% over the five years from May 2018 to May 2023.
Looking for jobs in the Canberra? Try these tips:
- Review and update your resume to ensure it’s relevant and tailored to the job you want – or start from scratch using our free resume templates
- Do some research on the Canberra jobs market and equip yourself with current information on in-demand skills and salary rates in your industry
- When you land an interview, make sure to research the company beforehand, demonstrate your understanding of the job and the business, and ask great interview questions
Ready to get started? Contact Michael Page – one of the leading employment agencies in Canberra.