You are here
Embracing the Western Sydney dream: What businesses need to know
When it comes to the growth in Western Sydney, some interesting statistics get thrown about:
- Home to 47 percent of Sydney’s population
- An estimated 200,000 new jobs expected by 2020
- A projected 1.9% population growth each year over the next 20 years
Then there are those that came out of the survey we conducted, tracking the responses from 2,895 Australian professionals:
- 64% believe that in the next five years, Western Sydney has the potential to progress economically to the level of a large city like Sydney or Melbourne
- 65% of Western Sydney professionals would prefer to work outside the CBD over working within it
- 91% of professionals in the region would like to change their jobs to work closer to home given the right opportunity
What all these numbers confirm, is that Western Sydney is where businesses need to focus their efforts. But don’t just take our word for it.
As part of our Future City Minds series, we gathered a team of seven true Western Sydney champions, from across many different disciplines, age groups and cultures. There’s the head of a local law firm. A founding partner in a property investor. The leader of a co-working space. A champion of women’s employees. And serial entrepreneurs.
Up for discussion will be hiring tactics and niche opportunities – ways to spread your HR spending in clever ways, and smart tactics around retention and marketing. It’s our way of building a tool-kit for SME managers to negotiate the road to a real Western Sydney dream: and our way of investing in being a part of that dream.
These interviews, coupled with the results of our Australia-wide survey, can be downloaded as a report by signing up below:
Ready to speak to one of our Western Sydney consultants about how you can benefit from the region’s growth? Give us a call today!